Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I should probably explain

I've added several Harley Davidson references and failed to post explaining why! I shall remedy that now....A very frivolous dream/plan that we have had for about 5 years now has finally come true....1st part is John has officially ordered his 2008 Fireman's edition Road King. They will begin assembly on 14 February (that's right...in a couple of weeks!) and ship it to us on 22 February! The really cool part is they will send update emails as major steps in the assembly process are completed! Since I can't possibly send any "live" pictures of the bike I will attach the one from the HD site....I realize this is NOT proper 365 protocol :) but I will fix that in the 2nd half of this post...promise!!



The 2nd part of our "dream/plan" is to rebuild MY bike. I am POSITIVE this would have happened sometime LOOOONNG after retirement if it weren't for the impending arrival of John's "baby." John, being a smart and supportive husband, KNOWS that if his bike shows up and my bike is still sitting in the garage-leaking oil on the ground-there may be NO living with me! So, empowered with the knowledge that mid-March will arrive whether he likes it or not, he felt the need to get the ball rolling!

Thanks to Shadd at VividDragon.com we have ordered the new fenders and tank with custom paint in 2-tone fade-Cobalt Blue on Black. Here is a pic of the paint job except in red/black ...plus mine will have Harley Davidson across the sides in Script!

Since this will be a total work-in-progress I should be able to get lots of p365 photos on the blog...hopefully!


and here are some "BEFORE" shots


Well there you have it, a 4 day weekend and all we did was mess around with the bikes. Good thing the kids were out and about with friends...they barely noticed their parents huddled in the corner, nursing carpal tunnel symptoms from all the inet surfing :)

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love your bike! When it is ready come give me a ride.

Donna said...

woohoo!! You go girl! Have fun!

Diann said...

I am on your TOG Loose Threads list and we also have a Fireman's Edition Road King. We got ours the first year they came out and we love it. I don't have my own bike, though, I just like riding on the back of my dh's.

Diann in NV from TOG Loose Threads

Diann said...

Sorry about that...actually, I think you are on my SHS email loop (I am not sure if you are on TOG or not)

Diann in NV

Anonymous said...

Diann-you are correct--I am on BOTH loops! SO do you all just LOVE your Fireman's edition? Is your husband a career fireman or on a volunteer department? NV is gorgeous country to ride in. We were stationed in Fort Irwin, outside of Barstow and LV and Laughlin were our stompin' grounds. I Love the High desert!

Jodi said...

Sounds like a big project! very nce photos.