Sunday, June 8, 2008

Graduation!!!!!

I just love this shot!!!!

Well to paraphrase Nick’s sentiments this week “Does everything this week have to be about Robert!?”

Apparently, YES!!!!

We started off with the Spring Sports Banquet where Robert recieved his Varsity Letter in Socccer,

then off to Prom on Saturday,
moving right into a beautiful Baccalaureate service on Tuesday


the Senior awards ceremony on Wednesday


Where Robert received several accolades including 2 scholarships totaling $4500, Recognition for his work as Photoshop guru on the Yearbook,and maintaining a a 3.57 GPA!

and ended with Graduation on Friday!!




Whew, I have never been so happy to see a week end…well maybe not ecstatic since it means my first-born is ready to venture out on his own. I think John summed up our feelings bestwhen he sat at Graduation and said “I can’t believe this is the same kid I looked down at in the delivery room 17 years ago!”



It was a super-busy week and we were convinced it would never end...but it did and now we wonder where the last 18 years have gone...
Blessings from The entire Ahlers Clan














5 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!

Renee said...

Congrats! Great pics. Madeleine went yesterday to register for her dual enrollment classes - a bit scarey but exciting at the same time

Anonymous said...

Grats to Robert! What a change of look too! It is amazing how time flys after having kids! Next year my oldest goes to school! Before I know it she will be standing where Robert is now!

Renee said...

Okay now that it's been many months since graduation, how are his college classes? Is he enjoying them?

The Ahlers family said...

You see I took a hint! Thanks for keeping me honest!