Friday, May 9, 2008

All dressed and SOMEWHERE to go!






John doesn't own a complete suit (i.e.-jacket and pants match and were purchased that way) he does have a custom-made sports coat from Korea but that is the extent of his formal clothing choices. Since he is usually working in the garage or riding the dressed in Motorcycle leathers he just doesn't have alot of need for "dress-up" clothes. Plus, the Army is kind enough to take care of any "What will I wear today" concerns so the only time John has to consider his clothing is for church or the occasional rugrat awards ceremony!
I LOVE to go to Military Balls! I LOVE the chance to shop for a beautiful gown, the perfect heels and jewelry. It is so far from my stay-at-home mom persona that is actually FUN! John does not really see it that way...but he is sweet enough to give in.
Before we left Korea last year, John had a Mess jacket and a party shirt made. He wasn’t happy about having to spend money on it but I did promise to have him buried in it so he shouldn’t consider it a waste. I think of it as “planning ahead” he thinks of it as a warning to pay attention to the odd flavors in his food.



I think he almost looked as handsome as on our Wedding day! The food wasn’t going to win any awards, the wine on the table is never exactly the good stuff but if I had to rate this from 1-10 it would definitely be a 10! It was so much fun to spend the evening dressed to the 9s hanging out with friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww You guys look so good. I miss you guys. I hope everyone is doing well!!